By: Ally Fisher - Tumblr
As much as we don’t wanna admit it, summer is over. With that being said a huge swarm of teens are gearing up to head out into the next chapter of their lives; college. College means packing up your life at home and moving to a dorm or an apartment, which can be extremely frightening but also extremely exciting! Here’s my playlist to get you through the constant nagging of your parents to pack, the countless trips to walmart and target getting last minute items to decorate your room, and the drive to your new home!
By: Ally Fisher - Tumblr
The death of Robin Williams has been one of the most heart-breaking and publicized celebrity losses since the loss of Michael Jackson. Williams was a producer, a comedian, a genie, and an inspiration for not only aspiring actors but also kids just trying to get through their day-to-day life. Williams won’t ever go forgotten and his works in Mrs. Doubtfire, Aladdin, Dead Poets Society, and other countless films and cameos will only skyrocket even more than they already have.
Here a few of my favorite Robin Williams quotes that not only inspire me but also remind me what an amazing and incredible being Williams was.
(these are in no particular order):
- "No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world."
- "You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it."
- "Reality: What a concept!"
- "You have this idea that you’d better keep working otherwise people will forget. And that was dangerous."
- "When in doubt, go for the dick joke."
- "Never fight with an ugly person, they’ve got nothing to lose."
- "My battles with addiction definitely shaped how I am now. They really made me deeply appreciate human contact. And the value of friends and family, how precious that is."
- "People ask why I do children’s comedies. I’m happy being a Robert de Niro for nine-year-olds"
- "When I’m awake, I don’t want to go to sleep. I don’t want the hassle of turning the light off, putting my head down and then all the thoughts. I don’t want all those thoughts"
- "Comedy is acting out optimism"
"Genie, you’re free now."
hi friends I am still on hiatus but I just wanted to let you know that i became a blogger over at hotbandboys to help build up my journalism portfolio so occasionally I’ll be reblogging the pieces I wrote for them so they can get a bit more exposure kk that’s it
one day I’ll stop but that day is not today. cannot thank @majorthings enough for how amazing this turned out!! #ghibli #howlsmovingcastle @independenttat2
favorite lyrics: 5 Seconds of Summer (Bonus Track Version)